"Historical Enlightenment and its Relationship to Cognitive Flexibility among Middle School Students"
Main Article Content
The Objectives of the Current Research Are Determined By Identifying:
- Historical enlightenment amongfifth-grade literary students.
- Cognitive flexibility amongfifth-grade literary students.
- Correlational relationship between historical enlightenment and cognitive flexibility among fifth-grade literary students.
In order to verify the objectives of the current research, the researcher built a test for historical enlightenment and the test consisted of (40) questions. By re-testing, the reliability coefficient reached (0.70) and the reliability coefficient in the analysis of variance was (0.70), and the researcher adopted the cognitive flexibility scale prepared by Al-Farmawi 1980 and legalized it in Al-Tikriti 2011, and the scale consisted of (38) items.
The two tools were applied to a sample of (400) students who were randomly selected from the fifth literary grade students. After collecting the information and processing it statistically, the researcher reached the following results:
From the results of the current research, the researcher concluded the following:
- The fifth grade literary students possess a good level of historical enlightenment.
- The literary fifth grade students have a good level of cognitive flexibility.
- There is a statistically significant relationship between historical enlightenment and cognitive flexibility in the research sample.
Based on the results of the current research, the researcher recommended a number of recommendations and suggestions.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.